Boomberry : Oh By the Way it is Flu Season...

Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Oh By the Way it is Flu Season...







Just when things are going along swell... bam you get the flu! I have been hit hard for the past week or so.  I am not one to rush to the Doctor honestly, and try many alternative things first.  I admit it is a slower process of healing, but in my opinion better overall.  This time I have been researching yoga poses for sinus pressure.  Believe it or not a headstand is on the list.  I was very skeptical of course, but tried it anyway.  I did three of them for :30 each.  When I came up I was almost completely clear.  Yoga is something that I love, and this year it is on my list of things to practice more often.


Before becoming vegan, I was vegetarian.  I ate quite a bit of cheese and loved it.  In fact I was one of those people that said I would NEVER give it up.  When I started to make meals I had made before without cheese sometimes it was disappointing.  I even used substitute cheese to try and recreate that cheesy texture.  I am  not a fan vegan cheeses for the record.  This is actually one of the first times I have made quesadillas since becoming vegan.  After several months without cheese I didn't want it at all, and it didn't even sound good.  If your food is seasoned well and the way you like it there is no need for anything extra.

Mushroom/Kale Quesadillas

This recipe is pretty basic.  I used garlic, kale, portobello mushroom, and a tomato.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper to taste.  You can add any spices that you like really.

I rough chopped these and sauteed them together.  It might sound strange to add the tomato in while you sautee the mushrooms, kale, and garlic.  I really like doing this though because the tomato helps to create a sauce for your filling.  It breaks down really nicely and pairs well with the mushrooms.
 I used a whole grain flour tortilla.  You don't even need to add oil to the pan to crisp these up.  I ate them with salsa on the side.

I am staying pretty low-key this week, but I do have a few blog posts built up.  I will post them when I am feeling up to it! Stay healthy everyone :) 
xoxo 
Jamie

Blog Archive