Boomberry : Mondays offer a fresh start

Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Mondays offer a fresh start

Sometimes it is hard to get motivated on Mondays. I like to think that Mondays are the fresh start though.  
 "Every positive thought propels you in the right direction" 
 I know what you are thinking I have heard that a hundred times! BLAH BLAH BLAH
Why do you think you keep hearing it over and over again?  Because it is true, no matter how lame it sounds.  It is all up to you, you get to choose what direction you want your day to go in :) 
I love this quote because it can be applied to all your choices throughout the week as well.  Every positive choice you make takes you closer to your goal.  If by chance you make a bad choice don't beat yourself up about it. Focus on all the positive choices you made, write them down if needed.  Move on and to do better the next day.  Motivation doesn't just fall into your lap by the way, you have to search for it in every square inch of your day.  Once you find it grab on with both hands and DON'T let go! 

I mentioned before that I am part of a fit group.  This is a HUGE part of staying motivated.  What is stopping you from creating your own group of like minded people to achieve your goals?  Believe me it is much harder to blow off your workout when you are part of a group where ladies are busting their butts right along side you. 

The workout posted here is a sample of some of the workouts we do in our group! Maureen works hard to keep things interesting and plans out tough workouts that we have all built up to.  When I first started out I couldn't even come close to doing everything that was posted.   Sometimes I modified the exercises to get them all in.  Keep going believe me EVERY day you are getting stronger and before you know it you will be proving that little voice inside your head saying "THIS IS TOO HARD" wrong.  

When I have extra time I do add extras in such as the abs and legs posted below in the photo labeled "extras" 

 I take my workout gear with me to work.  I use my 30 minute lunch break to workout and in the spring I even squeeze in 2 miles runs here and there during that time.  I understand this isn't an option for everyone, but look at your day and see where you can find 30 minutes.
 I cannot stress this point enough!! Water is huge.  Cut out all the other junk you are drinking and switch to water.  I will let you decide how much is good for you, but I strive to drink 80 plus oz of water a day and on some days make it all the way to 128 oz.
 I am proud of my husband for working out with me this evening with me and even my daughter did a good amount of mountain climbers.

I had planned on lentil burgers this evening, but decided on a haystack.  What is a haystack you might ask?
A haystack is what Seventh Day Adventists call a taco salad!  I could seriously eat this meal every single day if I had to.  I change the ingredients up often, but this is what I used tonight.

Haystack-

  • lentils
  • quinoa
  • baby spinach
  • carrots
  • red onion
  • smashed avocado with salt and pepper
  • jalapenos 
  • sunflower seeds
  • salsa
  • sriracha + veganaise = delicious taco sauce. Salt & pepper to taste.






Having the lentils and quinoa prepared ahead of time means it took more time to post this blog than make supper! :)
xoxo
Jamie




Blog Archive