Boomberry : Please Don't Go On a Diet!

Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Please Don't Go On a Diet!

HELLOOOO!! Blogging is easy they said.... Blogging is fun they said.... UMMM I have a hard time staying on top of it to be honest.  I really enjoy it though, so I am trying to make it a priority.

IF I could give you any advice at all it would be - Please don't go on a diet!! If you are looking to make a real change, make it something you can maintain.  Setting expectations for yourself that are not realistic is a sure fire way to make you lose focus.  If you are interested in healthy eating there are many philosophies out there for you to research and incorporate into your lifestyle.

 Since the last time I posted I have started from the beginning with running and printed out this training schedule >>> http://www.halhigdon.com/training/50933/5K-Novice-Training-Program.  I decided to go back to the beginning of running and it has made such a huge difference.   I cannot even begin to express my love for being on an actual schedule.  It is crucial I have learned.  It has taken me awhile to come around to the idea though.  When I first started running I had NO IDEA what I was doing.  I didn't research anything, plan anything, or even track my mileage.  Well one stress fracture later and all that has changed.  This time around I plan to go by the book, and take it extremely slow.  I am halfway through the training schedule and feel very confident this time around.

Okay, okay enough running talk.  Let me tell you about these tacos!  About a year ago just starting out on my plant based food journey, I had raw walnut tacos at the Downtown Farmer's Market.  They were amazing, and I have been wanting to make them at home ever since.  I did a quick search for them and realized everyone was making them and blogging about them.  I am sure I don't have anything new to add to what others have done, but they are worth a post just because of how delicious they are.

I will keep this short and sweet.

Walnut Mixture -
- 1 cup raw walnuts
-1 T Olive Oil
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1 T of soy sauce
- Cumin
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
I pulsed it around several times in the food processor.  You really want to have some pretty decent sized walnut pieces in there, so don't grind it into butter.

I made a quick pico for the top
Pico
- 3 roma tomatoes
- Garlic
- Red onion
- Jalapeno
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh squeezed lime

* I forgot cilantro at the store, but would have added that in for sure.

I used Boston lettuce for the "shell"





I love grocery shopping actually!  I always take inventory of all the food I have and then make my list based on that.  This is pretty typical of what my loot usually looks like.  I do usually get brown rice, quinoa and sometimes corn tortillas, black beans, and chickpeas that aren't pictured here.  



I hope everyone has a great week!! I will try hard to keep the blog updated :) 
xoxo - Jamie 



Blog Archive