Boomberry : Brunch

Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Brunch

Brunch is perfect for my weekends.  I typically wake up early, but don't get around to eating breakfast until mid morning.  Before changing over to a vegan lifestyle, I had a very typical brunch on the weekends.  Hubby and I usually had eggs, turkey bacon, hashbrowns and toast.  I don't really miss any of those foods in particular, but sometimes miss the idea of a classic breakfast of eggs, potatoes and toast.  I have to be honest and say I am not a HUGE fan of tofu and I do not use it often. It is something though I get from time to time to add variety. It is a great option especially if seasoned well, and properly prepared.

Tofu Scramble
  • 1/2 block tofu diced
  • red onion
  • garlic 
  • mushrooms 
  • fresh baby spinach
  • cherry tomatoes 
  • salt, pepper and seasonings. 
I used salt, pepper, paprika, and sriracha added in. 

Directions
  I sauteed all of these ingredients together and seasoned well.  After I cut the tofu into cubes, I was a bit disappointed how it was looking.  I ended up taking a fork and pressing most of the tofu down.





Garlic Red Potatoes

  • red potatoes
  • four garlic cloves sliced 
  • salt and pepper



 I added the potatoes to the pan first to get them going.  Garlic is one of my favorite things, and I often use it just like another vegetable.  For the potatoes I just did sliced garlic, salt, and pepper.

Refresh Tazo tea was a little treat for brunch. 
I hope you branch out and really enjoy your meals
xoxo
Jamie

Blog Archive