Boomberry : "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe

Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe

In case you don't know me I am a photographer and preschool teacher that has become addicted to getting fit and healthy!  I was lucky to meet and amazing group of ladies that helped me get started and keep me on track on a daily basis.  When I started this journey I never thought I would enjoy working out and eating healthy, but the shocker is I do.  There are no tricks, special diets, pills, drinks, wraps, or quick fixes that helped me get here.  I haven't once stepped into a gym.  My strategy is create a lifestyle change you can sustain, love and enjoy.  My lovely friend Maureen created workouts for our group that you could and can do anywhere and believe me we have.  On many occasions we gathered up all of our children, hiked over to the park and busted out our workouts right there while the kids played!
    At first my diet changed by eliminating all the junk, eating smaller portions, 80% clean, and 80 plus ounces of water per day.  Eventually I did change over to a completely plant-based diet and couldn't be happier with the change.
My blog will be full of workouts, ideas, tips, photos, and meal ideas.  To be honest I am not a great writer and most of my blog posts will most likely be composed of photos, recipes and workouts.  I would love to hear from you, let me know what you think!  My goal for the blog this year is to inspire you to break out of your routine and change it up! Amazing things happen outside your comfort zone :)
xoxo
Jamie

Blog Archive