Boomberry : ULTIMATE Thrifting experience...

Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

ULTIMATE Thrifting experience...

I am a thrifter and when I got a call from a friend that said "what are you doing at 8:00am tomorrow?" "Do you wanna go to a Better Homes and Garden Garage sale?" I was pretty excited! Not to mention the fact, that I got some much needed girl time with one of my best pals!!! Well when we got there... AND WE GOT THERE EARLY...the line was soooo long! When I mean long imagine the longest line for an amusement park ride times Ten! I wasn't hopeful when I saw all the people but just really wanted to go check it out so we stuck with it! Glad I did.

Lavender Scented Pillows
Photobucket
Leave it to the hubby to figure out what this was. It seems to be from a dresser that held a mirror. Turn up upside down and imagine a round mirror inside. Makes you really think outside the box, and I LOVE IT!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

OH! did I mention it was only FIFTY Cents?

Some of the books I found, wish I had brought a wagon or stroller I could have carried a lot more. The sale was in a parking garage and very dark so I struggled to look see a lot of the books. I managed to find a few that I thought were pretty unique and had beautiful covers. I was pleasantly suprised to find emails, letters, and signatures in some of the books. The emails were from agents to publishers, and specifically went with the book it was inside of. The best one though was a VERY fancy Cocktail Party invite. Now I am brainstorming of how to frame some of those interesting finds.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Most expensive item I found was $10, and it was this chair cushion for maybe a kitchen chair. I don't even have a chair for it to fit on as of yet, but I loved the fabric!
Photobucket

Happy Hunting!!!
Boomberry

Blog Archive